Right. Was its purpose to obtain more funding, or was that a by-product of a different purpose?

~Caroline.

From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of jason winslade
Sent: Tuesday, 26 January 2010 2:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Using Magic to do Academic work

Well, since the performance dealt with various forms of magic as they related to my life (particularly Kabbalah) and that of several prisoners who used tropes of magic in their own writing (mixed with a healthy dose of Foucault, Bachelard, Genet, and Eco), and I used a ritual frame for the performance, it most certainly was an overtly magical working.