Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Academia.edu It’s safe — the guy who runs it just tends to join lists and spam, then leave. I had a word with him about it on another list. There are more respectful ways to gain members.

On 1/19/10 12:01 AM, "Caroline Tully" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> corresponded:

Well, I just joined Academia too. I hope it's safe. I notice one's page is
searchable from Google. Do you think it's safe for me to have my supervisors
listed there on my profile? I wouldn't want internet crazies bugging them.

~Caroline.