We use SAMwrap for this purpose at Leeds. I've just found out they've been bought out by Flexera so am unsure if the same pricing model is still in place.

Phil.

Phil Worsley
0113 343 5673

From: Support issues for windows in UK HE & FE [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of R Pank
Sent: 15 December 2009 13:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Floating license (concurrent usage) control software

Hi,

We have number of applications (Windows EXE - without the source code), which
we want to control as a floating license (concurrent usage). e.g. if we set a limit
10 concurrent users, no more than 10 users can access at any one time.

e.g. our Maths software, Matlab, comes with its own FlexLM (FlexNet) license. What
we want to do is to do similar concurrent use for other applications.

Does anybody know of any open source or other solution at a reasonable cost?

---
Raghbir Pank
Computer Centre, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH
Tel: 01895 265662 Fax: 01895 255614  Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>