Hi -

I have a working CE with only bdii.noarch installed:

[root@epgr02 ~]# yum list *bdii*
Setting up repositories
Installed Packages
bdii.noarch                              4.0.1-4                installed
Available Packages
glite-BDII.noarch                        3.1.3-0                glite-TORQUE_cli
glite-BDII.i386                          3.1.18-0               glite-TORQUE_cli
glite-service-discovery-bdii-c.i386      2.2.2-2.slc4           glite-TORQUE_cli
glite-yaim-bdii.noarch                   4.0.4-6                glite-TORQUE_cli

To install the CE, I did:

yum -y update
yum -y install mysql
yum -y install lcg-CA
yum -y install glite-TORQUE_server
yum -y install glite-TORQUE_utils
yum -y install lcg-CE
yum -y install glite-info-provider-ldap

According to my cfengine stuff, I then felt the need to correct the
permissions on the following files (but this might by a hangover from some
long fixed problem):

/opt/c-ares/lib/libcares.la owner=root group=root mode=644
/opt/glite/libexec/glite-info-wrapper owner=root group=root mode=644
/opt/glite/etc/gip/glite-info-generic.conf owner=root group=root mode=644

I also create the softlink

/lib/libcares.so.0 ->  /opt/c-ares/lib/libcares.so.0

There's a whole bunch of iptables/hosts.allow stuff next (which I'm
guessing will be ok on your CE).

Finally, I use the site-info.def file (minus passwords):

http://epweb2.ph.bham.ac.uk/user/curtis/site-info.def.txt

to configure the node. I also have a directory of vo.d/<support_vos> in my
yaim-conf directory, but perhaps you already have that.  The yaim command
I used was:

/opt/glite/yaim/bin/yaim -c -s /root/yaim-conf/site-info.def -n lcg-CE -n TORQUE_server -n TORQUE_utils

which then messed up my maui config, so I copied that back into place
afterwards, and restarted maui.

A reboot at this point doesn't do any harm.

Hope that helps,

Chris

--
West 326