     Kipling Abroad, Traffics and Discoveries from Burma to Brazil

      A new selection of Kipling's most descriptive and revealing travel writing, introduced and edited by Andrew Lycett, published on January 11th by I.B.Tauris, price £19.50. We should be able to arrange a reduction in this price for members of the Kipling Society, and copies will be available at the meeting at City University on January 20th.

      The publishers have offered five copies of the book as prizes in the Kipling Society's New Year Competition. For details see the attachment, or the web[ste.

      Good wishes to all for 2010

      John Radcliffe