Hi James

Could you share with us the categories of document your colleagues believe require a “wet” signature and where that signature cannot be evidenced by a properly captured and stored scanned copy?

Regards

Jim

Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 10:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Electronic HR files: how far have you gone?

Dear all

   I know the issue of legal admissibility has been discussed a few times on the list and I have found the discussions both interesting and very useful. Our organisation has implemented an EDRM system, and are aiming to hold most Human Resources files electronically and where appropriate dispose of paper originals. We are proposing to keep some key files in a paper format (i.e. those where a ‘wet signature’ is legally significant and where there is a significant chance they would be required in legal action).

I was hoping to gauge the strategies employed at other organisations (either on or off list): for example has anyone gone exclusively electronic with HR files?

Merry Christmas to all!

Many thanks

James Button

Records Manager

Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)

Tel: 0117 931 7220

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Anything in this message which does not clearly relate to the official work of the sender's organisation shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by that organisation.

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]