Hello Paul,

Correspondence from the RMS comes to me as 'Rachel R Hardiman'; I do have a middle name but it does not begin with R.

I think it might arise from an ambiguity in the form on which the details are submitted: there were two fields, one for 'first name', then another for 'initial'. To me, the natural interpretation is that the second field refers to the initial of the first name, but I suspect it actually is intended to allow the addition of a middle-name initial.

Is this likely to be the case with your certificate, do you think?

Regards,

Rachel.

Rachel Hardiman, BA (Hons), MSc
Senior research Assistant
School of Computing, Engineering and Information Sciences
Northumbria University
Room 247
Pandon Building
Camden Street