On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Liz Scott-Wilson <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Lawrence - that's a strong statement you've made re "Another is Climategate
> where records were altered and or destroyed to avoid disclosure."

well when you scientists 'talking' in emails about destroying records or
information one would assume that something may have happened. We do know
that a key database of information was destroyed. for nefarious purposes?
probably not. but who knows it is up to the university and the various
scientists around the world to prove that they didn't do anything wrong. The
US Dept of Energy issued a hold notice the other day telling the various
national labs to NOT destroy any records or information related to climate
research.

As a result of reviewing the various emails one gets the impression that
data was misconstrued, altered, modified whatever you want to call it to
reach a conclusion. This has called into doubt the past 20+ years of climate
research

> I believe the phrase is "always at least 2-sides to a story" - or at least
> we should understand that there are vested interests on both side.... Maybe
> it's why record-keeping and researching are not the same profession...
>
> regards
>
> Liz
>
> From
> http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/10/14/14greenwire-scientists-return-fire-at-climate-skeptics-in-31175.html

speaking of "2-sides" to the story the New York Times is not exactly the
most credible paper these days. One of their reporters was 'used' by the
CRUgate/Climategate scientists to push their agenda. The NYT also refused to
publish any of the emails that others had because they didn't think it was
the thing to do. And yet they have no problem publishing other information
that was saving lives. In addition back in the 1930s one of their reporters
Walter Duranty failed to accurately report about the famine that was taking
place in the Ukraine where millions eventually died.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va