I'm with you on that Kat. I see 'Monkey Cage' as 'Material World' meets 'Front Row' - which may even be how it was pitched to the 'Beeb'.

Mind you I'd also go for a return for Science Now - the more the merrier.

Tim 'feeling better now' Reynolds

Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:41:42 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Infinite Monkey Cage
To: [log in to unmask]

I don’t think it’s designed to be an entirely serious science documentary. For my money, I loved it.  I don’t think science is “special” and should be always covered with full reverence, I think it should be explored and discussed and joked about in a cultural context. Making science and critical thinking part of our normal culture is something to aspire to...