From: mining-history [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Phil Newman
Sent: 17 December 2009 15:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mines Royal

Hello Robert,
I assume you've tried these two, though very few individuals are
mentioned. The material for Devon is very thin on the ground,
particularly after 1600.

Donald, M B 1955 /Elizabethan Copper: The History of The Company of
Mines Royal, 1568-1605/. London: Pergamon
Hammersley, G 1973 'Technique or Economy?: the Rise and Decline of the
Early English Copper Industry, /c/.1550 -- 1660'  /Business History/
*15*, 1-31

Phil Newman

Robert Waterhouse wrote:
> Dear List,
>

> Does anyone know anything about the leasing of tin mines to private
individuals by the Society of Mines Royal in Devon & Cornwall in the 1620s?
Some book references would be handy.