From: "Lynne Mayers" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 10:40 AM
Subject: Quarry or mineral works at Kinder?

This maybe slightly off subject, but we have just acquired a very old postcard (the sort that fades
yellow with age) entitled 'Open Air Swimming Bath, Kinder' and I have not been able to find out what
it depicts. It is not a swimming bath as we would know it - just the dammed water supply/filled
quarry relating to the industrial complex behind. This looks ot have been recently flooded as there
is a half submerged hawthorn shrub in the foreground. The buildings are quite extensive (mixture of
single, double and triple storey) - with railway (and three engine sheds?), three chimneys (2 tall,
other shorter). We would be grateful for any help in identifying this industry. We wonder if the
site is now under the current reservoir?

Thanks,

Lynne Mayers