Cecilia,
You might already know about these articles, but given the nature of
your interest, you might be interested in:
James A. Brundage, ‘”Cruce signari”: The Rite for Taking the Cross in
England,’ /Traditio/, 22 (1966), 289-310
and also his ‘A Note on the Attestation of Crusaders’ Vows,’ /Catholic
Historical Review/, 52 (1966-67), 234-39
Lucy K. Pick, “Signaculum caritatis et fortitudinis: Blessing the
Crusader’s Cross in France,” /Revue bénédictine/, vol. 105, no. 3-4
(1995), 381-416
Cheers,
Jim

to: [log in to unmask]