This, and it's bibliography, will give you what you want for before 1967

I would also look at an article Caroline Bruzelius did in JAH (if I remember, may the art bulletin), and Stephen Murray did a piece on the flying buttresses. Both with have very good bibliography.

cecilia

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Marjorie Greene <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Allan Temko's _Notre-Dame of Paris_ is very old but still a very good read. It is billed as a biography of the cathedral, an accurate description. This obituary of Mr. Temko includes some info on the book:
As I recall, Paris - or Lutetia - began with three con-cathedrals: St-Étienne, N-D and one other. After the Huns (or others of their ilk) finished destroying the city, the decision was taken to rebuild one cathedral and dedicate it to N-D.
I could scan and send Temko's bibliography off-list if you wish.
MG

Marjorie Greene
http://medrelart.shutterfly.com/

--- On Tue, 12/22/09, C Figueredo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: C Figueredo <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [M-R] Romanesque Notre Dame of Paris
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 6:14 PM

Dear All,

Could you possibly recommend any bibliography on the Romancesque Notre
Dame of Paris? I am interested in its architecture as well as in the
every-day life of the cathedral and its school in the first half of the
twelfth century.
Very best,

Cristina

to: [log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]