Hi everyone,

I am not a moderator however I am one participant of the list who usually remains fairly quiet.  I am hoping to make a plea for people not to send attachments through the list but supply a brief description in the body of the email and ask for those interested in receiving the attachment to contact the sender off the list in order to receive the attachment.  Not everyone is interested in receiving the information contained in large attachments.  Additionally some people can be on slow and expensive internet plans.  For example the recent 3000kb attachment that came through the list took my email programme nearly 10 minutes to download on a “pay for data” prepaid wireless internet plan.  I am also fresh enough off dial up to remember what an absolute pain such attachments can be – that attachment would have taken nearly 20 minutes had I still been on dial up.  Not everybody lives in a city with high speed and/or cheap internet access possibilities.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and possibly considering its contents.

Regards
Jane