From: Information and/or Library Studies in the UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Maria Burke
Sent: 14 December 2009 09:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Please Read:REF consultation response

Dear All

I am sending round the UK Assoc of Information Systems Response to the

REF Proposal. You will see that they are in essence saying that Library and Information Management should play a "smaller part" as there are only a few of us.(My interpretation) I consider this to be misleading - I know there are many of us working in Business Schools but who are still working in the area of Information Management and still publishing in those journals. If the Panel changes to become pure IS then IM will have little part to play and professionally and academically this could be disastrous for us.

Please respond directly to them (not to me) - they need responses by Wednesday this week. (I only rec'd this today).

Thank you

Dr Maria E Burke

Salford Business School

University of Salford