-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for Shibboleth developments
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jethro R Binks
Sent: 11 December 2009 11:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [JISC-SHIBBOLETH] dawsonera issues

Another day, another question.

Anyone heard of issues with dawsonera?  Specifically, when accessing via
proxy,

They claim to have performed an upgrade:

"As part of the continuous improvement to the Dawsonera platform we will

be upgrading the Shibboleth component to support the Shibboleth 2
protocol.

This will involve a change to the federation metadata (attached). The
metadata will be updated at your federation at 6pm on 3rd December 2009.
"

Since 3rd December, when we select our site from their WAYF and login,
we
get redirected back to the WAYF again.

Testing by bypassing proxy, after WAYF connection and local IdP login
one
is directed to a home page where there is a "Login to reader portal"
option, "enter your insitutional username and password", and clicking
that
takes you straight to an accept terms and conditions page, and success
thereafter.

I note that their site is being served through a load balancer
93.91.19.147 isplb03-aux1.semantico.net. I wonder if the fact that we
are
connecting to it through proxy is giving some issue.  Does any of this
ring any bells with anyone?  I've have pretty much run out of avenues to

investigate.

Jethro.

.
Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK