>>> On 08/12/2009 at 10:41, in message
<[log in to unmask]>, Jon Warbrick
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Andy Swiffin wrote:
>
>> They don't do wildcard certificates.
>>
>> These are *.ezproxy.somesite.ac.uk certificates for proxybyhostname.
>
> Ah, yes, of course, sorry. However I SUSPECT, though haven't confirmed,
> that the new Comodo-based scheme that now supports JANET SCS does. From
> the TERENA Certificate Practice Statement[1]:
>
>   "2.4.1 TCS Server Certificates
>
>   "...
>
>   "TCS Server Certificates support multiple sub-domains with a single
>    certificate with a wildcard name forms as specified in section 3.1 of
>    RFC 2818"
>
> I only found this this morning and haven't had a chance to check with the
> JANET service desk...

I just tried to "mint" a new certificate on the new JCS site (I assume it is using these comodes now?)  :

Computer says...  Noooo

"Wildcard certificates are not supported - request contained *.libproxy.dundee.ac.uk "

In red  :-( :-(

As John Cleese said (in clockwise)  "The despair I can stand, it's the hope that crucifies me"

Andy

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096