We are about to start using an IPSCA wild-card certificate, but will now
need to reconsider this. The issue is not with encrypted passwords, but
with e-journal sites that require the use of https, when
'proxybyhostname' is used.

Adrian Barker,
UCL.

Duncan B. Brannen wrote:
> We're using a self signed one, but now that it's 'shibbolized', there's not
> really a need for having the main site protected as there shouldn't be
> any passwords going back and forth anymore.
>
> Cheers,
>        Duncan
>
> Quoting Andy Swiffin <[log in to unmask]>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I know a number of people here use EZProxy, what certificates are you using
>> with it?   We obtained one of the free wildcard ones from IPSCA, but I've
>> just heard that  the "root certificate used to sign certificates from ipsCA,
>> "IPS SERVIDORES", will expire 29th December 2009".      Sure enough, if I
>> look at the "trusted root certification authorities"  in IE I see that date.
>>
>> Any comments - I'm not totally sure what will happen on 30th December - any
>> of you crypto whizz's care to enlighten me, will users who go to EZProxy get
>> lots of horrible popups warning them of certain death?
>>
>> Andy
>>

>> The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096

> University of St Andrews Webmail: https://webmail.st-andrews.ac.uk

Adrian Barker,
Internet Technology Section
Information Systems
University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
External phone: +44 20 7679 5140,  Fax (+44) 20 7388 5406
Internal phone: x 25140
Email: [log in to unmask]