From: GRIDPP2: Deployment and support of SRM and local storage management on behalf of Sam Skipsey
Sent: Thu 12/17/2009 9:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: sam test failures correlated with mysql backup

Hi all,

Anyone on the TBSUPPORT Wave will have seen Govind and I's discussion
on the vagaries of proper MySQL configuration.
It looks like, preliminarily, the issue was that the script Govind was
using wasn't set to make --single-transaction dumps, so binary logs
weren't helping at all.
This has now been properly set up, so we shall see...

Sam

2009/12/16 Wahid Bhimji <[log in to unmask]>:
> Govind,
>
> So do you still think this is correlated with the mysql backup.
> I guess you could try suspending the backups (temporarily !) to see if it is
> really correlated with the dump.
>
> Are there no other srm requests at the time (you said it wasn't heavily
> loaded but did you look in all the srmv2 log files.
> There is also the GridppDpmMonitor which can indicate srm requests and give
> some clues as to trafic....
> http://www.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/DPM_Monitoring
>
> Did this only start after you moved to 1.7.2 btw?
>
> Wahid
>

> Govind Songara wrote:
>>
>> We are still failing SAM test on CE, It would be nice if someone can give
>> idea on troubleshooting this problem.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Govind
>>

>> Govind Songara wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks  Sam for your advise.
>>> After enabling the binary log we did not see any SAM test failure of SE.
>>> But still having intermittent SAM test failure for CE around same time
>>> when mysql dump finishes.
>>> SE][PrepareToPut][] httpg://se2.ppgrid1.rhul.ac.uk:8446/srm/managerv2:
>>> CGSI-gSOAP running on node034 reports Error reading token data header:
>>> Connection closed
>>> lcg_cr: Communication error on send
>>>
>>>  https://lcg-sam.cern.ch:8443/sam/sam.py?funct=TestResult&nodename=ce2.ppgrid1.rhul.ac.uk&vo=ops&testname=CE-sft-lcg-rm-cr&testtimestamp=1260295735
>>>
>>> The system is not heavily loaded when mysql dumps running.
>>>

>>> There continuous errors in srmv1 in log around same time when myqsl dump
>>> finishes, all from same server (lcgfts01.gridpp.rl.ac.uk)
>>> 12/08 18:13:28 24347,18 srmv1: SRM02 - soap_serve error :
>>> [130.246.183.209] (lcgfts01.gridpp.rl.ac.uk) : CGSI-gSOAP running on
>>> se2.ppgrid1.rhul.ac.uk reports Error reading token data header: Connection
>>> closed
>>>

>>> Current set-up of /etc/my.cnf for mysqld section are
>>> [mysqld]
>>> datadir=/local/mysql
>>> socket=/local/mysql/mysql.sock
>>> old_passwords=1