Paul Millar wrote:
> Hi Jens,

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback...

> Also, people tend to use GLUE v1.3 terms (the UniqueID property of class
> "Storage Element") and LDAP equivalents (the GlueSEUniqueID attribute of class
> GlueSE) interchangeably, which aids the confusion.  The GlueChunkKey is purely
> a LDAP-binding concept (they're no equivalent property in GLUE) so if people
> are documenting Glue usage (as opposed to LDAP usage), they won't mention
> GlueChunkKey (*sigh*).

True, the best explanation I've heard so far is from you, and that was
to explain how WLCG actually did it wrongly (ie objects should not
always be linked with the ChunkKey) :-)

> It's kinda mentioned in Installed Capacity for the SE.UniqueID, but in rather
> a vague, non-authoritative fashion.  We're going through the next round of
> cleaning up the Installed Capacity document at the moment and this is
> something that should be fixed.

Is this happening on the installed capacity list?  I might get my
subscription fixed, then, so I can actually follow the discussion (CERN
broke my email subscription to a number of lists about a year ago, I
think).  Or maybe it was when the STFC email addresses changed.

> PS.  If you see a broken query, everyone, please ticket it!

In GGUS?  Or Savannah?

Cheers
--jens