Dear Colleague,

The year is drawing to a close, but nonetheless we still have a number of exciting new publications which you will find listed below.  Just follow the link for more detailed information on each title.

WOMEN IN THE WORKS OF LOU ANDREAS-SALOMÉ: Negotiating Identity <http://www.camden-house.com/7113414X.htm> , by MURIEL CORMICAN

A comprehensive view of Andreas-Salomé's fictional works, focusing on her depictions of women and questions of narrative and identity.

£40.00, December 2009, 978 1 57113 414 1, 200pp, HB, Studies in German Literature

Linguistics and Culture, Camden House

ENCOUNTERS WITH ISLAM IN GERMAN LITERATURE AND CULTURE <http://www.camden-house.com/71134190.htm> , edited by JAMES HODKINSON & JEFFREY MORRISON

These German-language writings about Islam not only reveal much about Islamic culture but also about the European "home" culture.

£50.00, December 2009, 978 1 57113 419 6, 280pp, HB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture, Camden House

Now in paperback for classroom use:

FROM A GOOD FAMILY <http://www.boydell.co.uk/71134069.HTM> , by GABRIELE REUTER, translated by LYNNE TATLOCK

The first English translation of the famous German novel about a woman's struggle against Victorian social conventions.

£17.99, December 2009, 9781571134066, 272pp, PB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture, Camden House

For more information, see our website at www.camden-house.com <http://www.camden-house.com/>  or download our latest catalogue from http://www.boydell.co.uk/pdfs/chautumn2009.pdf.

If you have any questions about these titles, please do not hesitate to contact me.

We wish you a lovely Christmas time and a good start into the new year.

Franziska Scheithauer

CAMDEN HOUSE,

an imprint of BOYDELL & BREWER

BOYDELL & BREWER