Hello,

Apologies if this is something that has been discussed in the past, I am new to the group and also new to museum education and would really appreciate some advice.

I am preparing an activity pack to send to local schools containing workshops relating to Citizenship for KS3 and 4 that can be done in the classroom- this is an attempted solution to not having drawn in as many schools as I would have liked for visits as part of a grant-funded programme I've just completed.  I am sending about 12 packs to local secondary schools, addressed to the Head of School where I don’t have a personal contact, and of those 12 I have 3 or 4 personal contacts who have either visited in the past, or expressed interest in visiting but were unable to do so for various reasons.

My question is, what sort of evaluation materials could I include?  I would like to be able to find out if any of the teachers ever actually use the material I'm providing, and what they thought of it.  Would my normal evaluation forms suffice?  I haven't found it that difficult to chase up evaluations from teachers doing on-site workshops, but is it unrealistic to expect to ever hear back from groups I’m essentially contacting unsolicited?

Thanks in advance!

Susan Buhr

Curator- Hampstead Museum at Burgh House
phone: 02074310144
www.20thcenturylondon.org.uk
Please note my usual working days are Wednesday and Friday only.