Mark,

Thank you, as always!  Great ideas.

My goal:  I have run *run first* to extract the hippocampus from a non-betted MPRAGE.  I want to extract percent signal change from the segmented hippocampus.

Featquery requires the mask to be in standard-space, highres-space or lowres-space.  (Note that the segmented hippocampus is in the following space: 160x192x144 voxels with 1.3x1.3x1.3mm resolution.)  According to the featquery website:

"Featquery will automatically detect which space this mask is in (standard-space, highres-space or lowres-space) and will transform it into the native lowres space of example_func; of course this can only work if FEAT registration was setup and carried out."

I understand that only the non-betted whole brain MPRAGE can be registered to standard space -- before the hippocampus is extracted.

Unfortunately, I do not see the saved registration file (i.e., the *to_std* file) outputted as a result of the run_first command (i.e., the *to_std* image).  In addition, I would prefer not to run the *run_first_all* command, given a few registration issues when I tried to run this command before.

Should I run *run_first* from scratch for the hippocampus after I register each subject's non-betted MPRAGE to the MNI_T1_2mm_brain?

What is the most efficient way to do achieve my goal?  I would really appreciate your suggestions about the best way to proceed.

Thank you very much - I apologize for the delayed follow-up.