Thanks a lot, Saad!

2009/12/1 Saad Jbabdi <[log in to unmask]>
Yes, the results are always stored in seed space - which in your case is standard space.

Saad.

On 1 Dec 2009, at 12:33, hudong x wrote:

Dear all,

Maybe this is a very easy or stupid question for some people. But I was really confused.

I was doing fiber tracking using ProbtrackX of Fdt. I used a single mask as the seed, and specified one waypoint mask and one termination mask. All the three masks were in standard space. I then chose 'seed space is not diffusion' and specified the transformation matrix (standard2diff) and reference imge (MNI_T!_152_brain).

My question is: in this way of fiber tracking, which space are the resulted fibers in? Several guys in my group told me that the fibers I got should still be in the diffusion space. FSLVIEW all told me the fibers were in "aligned-anatomical space" when I open them.
However, I found that the fibers matched the standard FA image white matter better than the native FA image when I contrast these two. And the most weird thing is, after I used the FLIRT to transform these fibers into the standard space, the fibers jumped to the right hemisphere and part of them were out the brain!

I then tried the FLIRT on other images which were already in the standard space. I got almost the same weird results.

Thus I guess these fibers I got were already in the standard space even FSLVIEW told me they were not?

Any Help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Huadong

H Xiang               PhD Candidate
Neurocognition of language & MR-Methods Group
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen
PO Box 9101
6500 HB NIJMEGEN