Hi all,

A question not relating to software, but perhaps someone would be wiling to help us out.

We are trying to heave subjects fall asleep during fMRI acq, we would like to have a more "silent" EPI sequence. There are quite some publications from groups that have a relatively silent EPI sequence running on a Siemens machine. We have a 3T GE Signa HD and a 3T Philips Intera available. We have been playing around with the factory provided silent mode options on both, but are not particularly happy with the results (high TR/TE/slice thickness, not much noise reduction). Does anyone have a reasonably performing "silent" EPI  on a GE or Philips system running? Can anyone recommend what settings to use?

Thanks,

Diederick