On 13 Dec 2009, at 01:23, Jeff Eriksen wrote:

> I have inherited FSL 4.1.0 on VMware Player2.5.1/CentOS5. I note in
> the
> installation instructions that I should be able to set up a shared
> folder
> between Xp and the VM. When I drag files to it in CentOS thay do not
> appear
> in the associated XP folder, and visa versa. Short of reinstalling
> FSLvm, any
> suggestions for troubleshooting?

Sounds like a VMware issue, not an FSL one. The FSLvm is not the
problem. VMware needs to run vmware-tools to do much of the advanced
stuff: resize desktop on the fly; redirect mouse/keyboard on entry/
exit the VM window, etc. My guess is that this hasn't been configured
properly. I'm afraid we don't have any DOS hosts here so I have little
experience of that player but, on Mac OS X, there is a "Virtual
Machine"->"Install VMware Tools" menu option.

> 2. how can I find out what CentOS version I have?

rpm -q centos-release
--
Dave Flitney, IT Manager
Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain