Dear FSL,

I set up SGE this week and tried to run bedpostx, but some problems come up and you help will be highly appreciated.

I set up SGE on two machines, namely A and B, each have 8 CPUs with platform CentOS 5 (AMD64). I set A as the qmaster, also as execd, and I set B as execd, too. The setup was done according to the guide on your website (ajanke), which goes well. After set up, I tried a test task (/sge/examples/simple.sh), which goes well, too.

Then, I tried to run bedpostx for one sigle subject data. The data is uploaed to A, and submit. The job was distributed to the 8 CPUs of A immediately, however, when it is distributed to B, the job went Error. The message showed that: can't chdir to /home/<mydata>, No such file or directory. By using qstat, I can see that all the 8 CPUs of A is running bedpostx, but not on B. It seems that B can not see the data on A which was submitted for bedposxt.

All the setup and job submit are done by root.

How can I fix this problem and make use of all the 16 CPUs on A and B when doing bedpostx?

Bests!

2009-12-10

micdtiserver