From: June Challis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: giving meaningful written feedback to learners with low literacy
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, 7 December, 2009, 18:00

Catrin
The comment you received at an observation, as far as I see it, means that you should write down the fact that you have given feedback to learners in your lesson plan or on information about the learners.
When I was a Skills for Life Manager, many of the ESOL learners could not read or write, I also had classes of Pre E1 learner but I always used to tell members of staff that if there was nothing documented about feedback in the lesson plan or on the kind of Pre E1 Record Sheets that we kept then what proof was there that feedback had taken place. It doesn't have to be long.
June Challis