From: A forum for critical and radical geographers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Damian Collins
Sent: 03 December 2009 19:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Geographies of Religion conference - 8-9th March 2010 - call for papers

Is it really the case that "issues of religion, faith and spirituality are so often ignored within the discipline, or worst still, policed by an often aggressively secular academy" when precisely those issues are being examined in numerous respectable outlets, including Political Geography, EPA, SCG, and Transactions, just to name those listed by Peter Hopkins?

Serious takes on any or all of those issues - which by definition extend beyond simple cheer-leading for "post-secularism" - seem reasonably welcome. They are also likely to be key components of much teaching in, e.g., cultural geography and political geography.

Damian Collins
University of Alberta