Just a word of caution. Finding one bomb strike does mean that you can "plot" others. The WW2 bombs were dropped as stick, The bomb loads of Henkel's and Dornier bombers were not the same and bomb loads could be mixed with HE and incendiary. All would be subject to variables such as wind, altitude and slight delays in release between bombs.

Sometimes they did fall in "sticks " or en-echelon but often the spread was random. In Vietnam prior to laser bombs the USAF dropped many tons of bombs with the intention of destroying a major bridge without much success as the spread of the free fall devices was large.

The Air Observation Corp records indicate where bombs fell without detonation. These amazing people sat out in raids recording the strikes. Surely these records have not been destroyed by our bureaucrats ?

Not all bombs were large many anti-personnel bombs were dropped much in the way the cluster type bomb is used today to kill civilians, these devices had flaps/ wings and did not look like the typical idea of a bomb.

The whole area is literally a minefield and need expert assessment to determine the actual risk.

In Berlin about 10 years ago the problem was ignored and a piling rig hit an RAF bomb killing many site staff.

In my view I think we must tread carefully.............

regards

Albert Prince

This message has been scanned for viruses on transmission.

Any attachments will be listed and described in the text of the message.

If this is not the case do not open any attachment until confirming validity.