From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paula Salgado
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] FW: pdb-l: Retraction of 12 Structures

Actually, I don't think that should be any consolation at all... As scientists, from whatever field, we should be appalled by this kind of mischief from anyone that calls themselves scientists. Not only it has effects on further research, delaying science sometimes by years, but it just  gives an appalling image of science and scientists. And of course, is unethical and wrong...

Today is a sad moment for crystallography and science.

 Dr Paula Salgado

 Division of Molecular Biosciences

 Department of Life Sciences

 Faculty of Natural Sciences