Hi Megha,

You could  make your buffer solutions at room temperature, so that the 8M urea dissolves completely. During solubilization of the protein, keep the tube on a shaker or agitate the solution using a magnetic strirrer. This will prevent any crystallization of the urea. In any case, urea crystallizes very slowly, even at 4 degrees C, as already mentioned .

Another issue is the solubilization time. You've mentioned that you do it only for 1 hour. In the  proteins I have worked with, I have had to solubilize overnight to get a reasonable yield. Of course this could be different for each protein.

Hope this helps

Ganesh