Dear all,

A couple of people have pointed out problems when installing the ARP/wARP CCP4i GUI over 64-bit fink installations
of CCP4, in Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard. Although I am not confident we understand the problem 100%, it appears
to be genuine, and most likely related to 64-bit versions of bltwish.

With the kind help of Felix Frollow and - you would not have guessed - Bill Scott, it appears that the following workaround is valid:

sudo /bin/bash  {or /bin/tcsh, or /bin/zsh, should not matter}
source /sw/bin/init.csh {or .sh. that the fink setup, you need to do that steo}
ccp4i
{use the gui to uninstall previous versions and install the new one}

Then you can exit, and from a new terminal you can go on using your installation as a normal user.

Note, that this installation problem only affects the GUI, and you can anyway use the scripts
(e.g. auto_tracing.sh) and use for e.g. ligand fitting the functionality of arpnavigator, or use a 32-bit installation.

Best wishes to all -

Tassos