Hi Amit,

Normally, we optimize annealing conditions with labeled DNA (cy5, FAM) -
adding MgCl2 and KCl usually improves annealing efficiency. You can
detect fractions of single and double stranded DNA on standard PAGE
gels. We then use the same condition to anneal the crystallization
reagents.

At times we order double stranded DNA cut from PAGE gels by the supplier
- but that's expensive. Also, you can purify protein-DNA complexes using
gel filtration - your protein shouldn't co-elute with ssDNA.

There are also dyes that specifically stain double stranded DNA but we
haven't tried those.

-ralf

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately.

Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, disclose its content to
any other person. Thank you.