A postdoctoral position is available to study the mechanisms of
Parkinson disease - please see attached file for detail.

Genetic studies in the past decade have identified a number of genes
as causal factors of Parkinson disease. Our research focuses on
understanding the biochemical functions of the disease associated
proteins and the biological pathways in which they function. Our core
research technique is structural biology (protein X-ray
crystallography) and structure-based drug design, but we use a wide
range of techniques including, computational chemistry, biophysical
techniques, enzymology, molecular biology and cell biology.

  Our laboratory is affiliated with the Department of Biochemistry and
Molecular Biology (http://www.medicine.iu.edu/body.cfm?id=998) as well
as the Stark Neurosciences Research Institute (http://
snri.iusm.iu.edu/) at IUPUI (http://www.iupui.edu/) in Indianapolis
Indiana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis).

  We are looking for an enthusiastic person who holds a PhD in
biochemistry or related field, has a strong background in molecular
biology and protein biochemistry. An ideal candidate should have
genuine interest in science and desire to learn new techniques to
tackle challenging and important questions.

  Please email a cover letter, CV, and three reference letters to:

Thank you for looking and happy holidays!

Cheers,
Quyen
Quyen Hoang, Ph.D
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
Stark Neurosciences Research Institute
Indiana University School of Medicine
635 Barnhill Drive, Room MS0013D
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-5122