Dear colleagues,

Archivists Without Borders (AwB) is an international network of associations that works to promote the preservation of documentary heritage, accountable government, and access to information with a particular focus on human rights and the developing world.

This network is co-ordinated by an International Co-ordination Council and a secretariat in Barcelona. The International Co-ordination Council is interested in seeing an AwB association established in the UK.

Professional UK-based archivists who would like to contribute to the establishment of an AwB association here and who will have time to participate in a working group with that aim are invited to register their interest by e-mailing me at [log in to unmask]

I hope to have the membership of the working group finalised by the end of this year so that work can begin in January or February 2010.

For more information about AwB please see: http://www.arxivers.org/en/index.php

James Lowry

International Records Management Trust

Suite 14/15, 2nd Floor, 88-90 Hatton Garden

London EC1N 8PN - UK

Tel: +44 (0)20 7831 4101

Fax: +44 (0)20 7831 6303

Email:  [log in to unmask]

Website: www.irmt.org

P Before printing, please think about the environment

International Records Management Trust is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England Number 3477376. VAT registration Number 564 4173 37. Registered Charity Number 1068975. Registered address: Suite 14/15, 2nd Floor, 88-90 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8PN, UK. Email: [log in to unmask]