*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

Dear all,
In my role of list convener, please can you assume that this email is a hoax. As an earlier member of the list said, it is possible that someone hacked into Sarbani's email account and they may have gained access to her address this way. If we think this through, if Sarbani was really visiting for a seminar (just before the 27th December when all university departments are shut!), then the host institution would pay for the hotel and expenses wouldn't they? This email bears so much similarity to others of its type, that I think we can only assume it is a kind of spam.
Thanks - and Seasons Greetings to all...
Rebecca