Dear Sian,

The Oxford Student Mental Health Network is a useful resource: http://www.osmhn.org.uk/

Hope this helps,

Pete
==============================
Peter Quinn
Senior Disability Adviser
University of Oxford

View the University's first Disability Equality Scheme( DES) and 2007 and 2008 Annual Reports at
http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/eop/disab/des.shtml

T.   +44 01865 289840
F.   +44 01865 289830
E.    [log in to unmask]
W.
www.admin.ox.ac.uk/eop/
Post: Disability Advisory Service, Equality & Diversity Unit, University Offices, Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD
In person by appointment only: to 5 Worcester Street Oxford [2nd floor] level access to main entrance [automatic door with lift access to second floor] or University Offices, Wellington Square [ramped access to main entrance manned by receptionist and lift access to all areas].
[map of these locations can be found by clicking on ,
http://www.google.com/maps?q=ox1+2bx)
==============================

Sian Howarth <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: HE Administrators equal opportunities list <[log in to unmask]>

08/12/09 11:47
Please respond to
HE Administrators equal opportunities list              <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
disability awareness for students

Dear colleagues

My teams are planning some disability awareness raising activities in the new year, in conjunction with our Students’ Union, aimed at new and current students. As well as offering workshops and articles, we hope to signpost to or use e-resources.

I am just about to start this process with some information for a new on-line induction resource for first year students moving into university accommodation for the first time. I’d like to cover brief points about sharing accommodation with disabled students and I hope to involve some quotes from our clients with disabilities.

Has anyone else designed similar information or activities aimed at students which you would be kind enough to share with me? Or perhaps there is a resource you could direct me to?

Many thanks

Siān Howarth
Assistant Director (Health and Wellbeing)
Student Services
Birmingham City University
0121 331 6963
www.bcu.ac.uk/studentservices

Advice, Support, Knowledge - just ASK us