Dear colleagues

My teams are planning some disability awareness raising activities in the new year, in conjunction with our Students’ Union, aimed at new and current students. As well as offering workshops and articles, we hope to signpost to or use e-resources.

I am just about to start this process with some information for a new on-line induction resource for first year students moving into university accommodation for the first time. I’d like to cover brief points about sharing accommodation with disabled students and I hope to involve some quotes from our clients with disabilities.

Has anyone else designed similar information or activities aimed at students which you would be kind enough to share with me? Or perhaps there is a resource you could direct me to?

Many thanks

Siān Howarth

Assistant Director (Health and Wellbeing)

Student Services

Birmingham City University

0121 331 6963

www.bcu.ac.uk/studentservices

Advice, Support, Knowledge - just ASK us