Dear Chris,

Sorry not to have replied earlier.  We may be able to help, particularly in
respect of awareness raising.  We have had dignity at work and study policies
in place since 2001, which specifically mention sexual orientation, have
monitored staff sexuality as a matter of course for the past 2.5 years,
starting with an anonymous staff survey back in 2006, then in staff
recruitment and by June 07 we swept up all staff in equaltiy monitoring.  We
didn't debate whether or not to do this, we didn't go through rounds of
committees, we simply told staff what we were doing and why, with very
positive results.

As you may know, we were the first HEI to join Stonewall's Diversity
Champions programme - others have followed - and their advice has been very
helpful.  Use of their logo on all our corporate publications including
website has also helped to raise awareness.

Regards<
Faith
Faith Marchal
HR Manager - Diversity