Dear colleagues,

Could I get some help from Beckman users who have set up the Trace Lithium reagent on the Beckman DX?
We set up the Thermo Infinity Lithium (Li 65 Synchron,  ref A19611, which is provided by Beckman in Beckman style cartridges.
However  9 UKNEQAS samples (supplied kindly by UKNEQAS) gave results about 0.1 less than the expected value.
A similar neg bias of 0.1 mmol/L was also seen with about patient 30 samples. The flame assay gave expected results.
We then tried to set up the original Thermo Infinity Lithium (ref TR56056) provided by Thermo Scientific as a user-defined one-shot chemistry but this failed to calibrate this morning on the first go but we hope to solve this.
There are 40 labs using Trace reagents and the UKNEQAS results are good.
Is there something that we are missing?

 Can I ask  Beckmann users as to  how they find  CVs on Lithium, how are external QC results and which kit exactly is being used?
Any information on  instrument settings used etc would be very helpful.

Many thanks,

Sean Maguire,
Principal Biochemist,
Mater Hospital,
Dublin.

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/