Holiday greetings to everyone

I am writing to this list in which I´ve been subscribed for a year and so and where I´ve read a lot of excellent and original opinions, references, and events in a most respectful manner which is very enviable compared to other lists and groups. On this occasion I am turning to you to see if you could help me with the following issue:

I am 28 and about to finish my degree thesis in Social Anthropology at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. For the last 6 years I´ve been studying this carreer in which I found lots of interested topics to research but a couple of years ago I found out that I was really interested in Religious Studies, specially the ones related to Western Esoterism. My degree has been delayed due to the need of earning my own money due to personal matters. That´s how I came across with IT (Information Technology) industry in which I´ve been currently working for the last couple of years as a software Quality Assurer engineer. Eventhough I am not interested in spending my entire life working on this area, I found out some curious relationships between Computing Systems, Cybernetics and religious topics. My attention was also called from Cognitive Sciences. In any case, regardless the lenses I wear, the axis of my passion for research have always been Magic, Religion and Western Esoterism.

As my thesis is coming to an end (hopefully in March) I am absolutely sure about one thing: I would like to devote my professional life to research and teaching. I´ve been trying to enroll in doctoral programmes in my own country but the truth is that both the field of study and the schollarships are very few. I´ve prepared a doctoral thesis project but the schollarship for this period was not granted to me. Of course I can keep trying on the following calls, but my age (believe it or not) is about to expire for these kinds of schollarships and I don´t want be with the rope on my neck at the last minute. The other possibility is to find chances abroad. This idea is very attractive to me since (either for both, the anthropologist and the human being) I am fond of learning in a different cultural context and nourish from other sources and people totally unfamiliar to me.

Having explained briefly my personal background I am turning to you, my dear colleagues, to ask for advice of you on this matter. I am looking for european institutions that are constantly offering schollarships either for Master or PhD programmes. I know there are lots of offers but in that "lots of" I truly don´t know where to start. I have a very good grades average and my language skills involve english and spanish so I can adapt to any university that offers programmes in these languages, eventhough I am willling to learn other languages if necessary.

I hope this request has not troubled you too much since I know it is barely related to the purposes of this list.

Thank you for your time,
Wish you an excellent new year and may your personal and not-so-personal projects be fulfilled.

Sebastian.

--
Tu conciencia es la medida de la honradez de tu egoísmo, escúchala atentamente"
                                                                                                                            -Richard Bach, "Manual del Salvador"-