From: Social History Curators Group email list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lowy, Stephen
Sent: 25 November 2009 17:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SHCG-LIST] Artists and collections

This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. ---------------

Hello

Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?

I am looking for examples of projects or programme collaborations between museums and contemporary artists.  In particular examples of collections or sites that do not have a past track record of working with contemporary art.  Rather than contemporary art galleries which have a proven track record with the art community.  Social History or natural science collections are often more of a challenge, but I feel could potentially be more rewarding to the museum, artist and visitor.

It could be an artists in residence using collections or something a bit more long lasting.  If you have any good case studies I would be interested to hear from you.  (Although I did like the grennan and sperandio residency that was showcased at the SHCG ASW).

Yours

Stephen

Stephen Lowy
Head of Community Museums
Hampshire Museums & Archives Service
Chilcomb House, Winchester
Hampshire, SO23 8RD
Tel: 01962 826717
HSPN: (8)327 6717

Picture (Metafile)

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST