Dear SPMrs

I have a very basic question on SPM8 and nuisance variables.

Thanks to the help section I understood that “unlike SPM94/5/6, where the design was partitioned into effects of interest and nuisance (…), SPM8 does not partition the design in this way anymore. The only remaining distinction between effects of interest (including covariates) and nuisance effects is their location in the design matrix, which we have retained”.
However I do not clearly understand how and where to enter the covariate when I want it to be taken into account as nuisance (in this case patients’ age). I tried to simply insert it in the section “covariates” of the batch of my two-sample analysis but the following design matrix reports covariates 1 and nuisance 0.

How can I enter (if I can) a variable to obtain a design matrix with covariates 0, nuisance 1?
Thanks in advance for your help
Silvia

Silvia Morbelli
Phd Student in Applied Neuroscience