But what you tell me, I already did it, meaning that i did comparison btw UNI-D and CON, BIP-D vs CON and allDEP vs CON. That was no problem.
And, you are right, i did found a strong effect of age and gender (specially gender) on my data, so i used ANCOVA with age and sex.

; That's sound good.

The uncertainity in my comparison strategy comes when I want to compare UNI-D hyperperfusion and BIP-D hyperperfusion.
But maybe there is no utility to do that... Mmhhh, i'm a bit confused now.

; What do you mean 'hyperperfusion of depression'?
Accordiong to my recent study on major (unipolar) depression using VBM and MRS, there were only degenerative signs. So, I don't think there could be rCBF hyperperperfusion.
If the patients with major depression of your study were early course of illness, and the patients was medicated with antidepressant, there could be 'adult neurogenesis'. 'adult neurogenesis' could make normal rCBF, but not hyperperfusion compared to normal rCBF.

Sincerely.

Woo-Suk, Tae
Chuncheon, Korea