Thank you professor, your detailed guidance was so helpful.
and thank you daniel, for your comments and guidance.

Best,
Daniel

On 11/22/09, Professor Bill Hillier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Radius 3 in Space is the Machine (axial analysis) means analysis up to three lines deep from the root line, What is called radius 3 analysis in axial analysis is really radius 2 because it counts the root line as the first line. It's just a historic accident of naming. This has nothing to do with segment angular analysis in DepthMap which is a later development, one which emulates some aspects of axial analysis but also does much more..Of course you can also do axial analysis in DepthMap, and there radius 2 would be the same as radius 3 in axman, as the naming has been corrected. This is what Daniel will have meant, I think. But Radius 2 or  3, which in axial analysis refers to lines, in segment angular analysis is virtually meaningless, since it would refer to segments.. As I said, in DepthMap there is no theoretical counterpart to radius -3 analysis. For local analysis, should  set the radius for segment angular analysis metrically, as it says in my note. Different systems will tend to operate at different local radii, depending on the scaling of the grid. Set the radius at several local levels and see which works best for your  system. DepthMap is designed to allow you to do this. You will find it very powerful. - Bill

ps One point to be careful about is that if you do not have a proper metric in your map,. then depthmap will offer you radius 1,2 3. and so on, and this will refer to a proportion of the system and again have nothing to do with radii in axial analysis.