I agree; far too late after the course if one aim is to show students
that their views are valued and acted on. And how useful it would be if
end of course evaluations then provided the opportunity for students to
comment on whether things improved or not as a result of the in-course
comments.
As long as the emphasis is on compulsion to complete questionnaires
rather than on engaging students in a meaningful dialogue about the ways
in which they learn, not just how they are taught, the usefulness of
evaluations is limited.

Regards,
Jackie
--
Jackie Gresham
Director, Learning and Teaching Services

Tel ++ 44 (0)114 222 1781
Fax ++ 44 (0)114 222 4069
email [log in to unmask]