To follow up interest from sessions at this week's conference:

ALT LERSIG: Learning Environment Review Special Interest Group

Inaugural Event - Reviewing the VLE - Sharing Experiences

Tuesday 8 December 2009
Participate face-to-face at Bradford or online via Elluminate

Full details and online booking are available at:
http://www.brad.ac.uk/lss/tqeg/conferences/lersig/ - last few places
available at Bradford.

The University of Bradford is hosting a one day workshop to enable us to
share experiences on effective methods, processes and procedures for
evaluating whether our current institutional Learning Environments are fit
for purpose.

This free, one-day ALT LERSIG workshop is aimed at institutions that are in
the process of reviewing their learning environments - the first learning
environments to be reviewed are institutional VLEs.
The purpose of the day is to enable participants and their institutions to
benefit from and build on the experiences of institutions that have recently
completed a major review and/or implemented a major change to their
institutional VLE. We have speakers from City University, the London School
of Economics and Nottingham Trent University. Additionally we have
representatives from York University and University College London on the
Panel for the Question and Answer session.

The emphasis is on sharing experiences so that participants can identify
approaches and methods that they can adapt to meet their needs and develop
an action plan for their institutional review.

Peter Hartley

Professor of Education Development

Room 01.60 J B Priestley Building

University of Bradford