Good morning all,

I would like to bring the following to the attention of the readers of the Records Management UK  listserv.

Cumbria County Council is currently advertising the following vacancy:

Post: Senior Records Manager

Reference: SS694E

Salary:  £24,646 - £26,276 (annual pay award pending)

Location: Carlisle, Cumbria

Closing Date: 26th November 2009

The Records Management Service of Cumbria Archive Service provides advice and practical assistance in the storage, retrieval, appraisal and disposal of records to most departments of Cumbria County Council and some other public authorities within the county.

A qualified and experienced Records Manager is required to assist in managing services, developing and implement records management policies, standards and best practice across the County Council.

Cumbria’s Records Management Unit has recently extended its storage capacity in a new Records Centre, which has already taken in substantial quantities of records, and we aim to become more actively involved in the earlier stages of the lifecycle of records, and particularly in the management of electronic records.

If you have

  • an appropriate degree and post-graduate qualification in Archives or Records Management,
  • knowledge of records management best practice and legislation,
  • practical experience of Records Management database systems, promoting Records Management, project management, and managing and motivating staff,
  • the ability to assist departmental administrators to manage their records more effectively,

 we would be pleased to have you on our team.

For more information and an application pack please contact 01228 223480 or email [log in to unmask]

Please quote Job Reference Number: SS694E

Or complete an application via our ‘Jobs and Careers’ website at:

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/jobsandcareers/current_vacancies/default.asp

Closing date: 26 November 2009

Interview date: 10 December 2009

Sincerely,

Will Bell

Principal Records Manager

Cumbria Archive Service - Records Management Service

Cumbria Record Centre

Ashley Street, Carlisle

Cumbria

CA2 7BD

Tel: 01228 227279 / 221079

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

This e-mail contains confidential information (which may also be
legally privileged) and is intended solely for the use of the
intended named recipient.

If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose,
copy, distribute or retain any part of this message or its
attachments. If you have received this message in error please
notify the originator immediately by using the reply facility in
your e-mail software.

Incoming and outgoing emails may be monitored in line with
current legislation.

All copies of the message received in error should be destroyed.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the original
author. This email message has been scanned for viruses, and
declared to be virus free at the point of exit from Cumbria
County Council's network.

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]