Just to throw something into this debate - surely there isn't any question
over whether you can be vegetarian and healthy?!    I thought that there was
plenty of evidence for this.   On the evolution issue there was a
fascinating talk at the British Council Darwin's Living Legacy Conference in
Egypt by Professor Richard Wrangham re evolution and cooked foods - Wrangham
is at Harvard University, USA his latest book is called Catching Fire: How
cooking made us human, Profile books Sept 2009.   Take a look - not strictly
about vegetarianism but about evolution and diet etc.   Sallie

Sallie Robins

Darwin's Living Legacy - an international conference on evolution and
society Nov 14-16 2009, Egypt

http://darwin.britishcouncil.org/posts/darwin-s-living-legacy-an-internation
al-conference-on-evolution-and-society-14-16-november

SciDevNet - providing science and technology information that inspires
informs and impacts on global development.  New partnership opportunities
now available.    <http://www.scidev.net> www.scidev.net

srPR

14 Shannon Court

Dynevor Road